Coronavirus update 23 March 2020
All Law Clinic appointments will be by telephone only until further notice. This is due to the coronavirus situation and our commitment to keep our clients and volunteers safe. The solicitor will call all clients directly.
Please do not attend our office. We are now closed for any face to face appointments.
Please make sure you provide an up to date phone number when requesting an appointment. You will receive a generic email on booking which will ask you to attend in person. Please ignore this. It is a generic message only.
Please note – all supporting paperwork should be provided to email@example.com 3 days prior to any appointment.
- We can offer legal advice appointments for Clinical Negligence, Criminal Defence, Employment, Family, General Civil Litigation, Housing, Immigration and Personal Injury.
- Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to offer any translation services.
- We keep all your details confidential and do not pass them on to anyone else without your permission. The rules of the Data Protection Act 1998 mean that we need your agreement to store your personal details.
- If you use our contact service, this means that you agree to Chelmsford Law Clinic storing the information you give us on our records system.
Filling out the form:
- Please note that the coordinator will need a working telephone number and email address with which to contact you and prepare a report for the solicitor.
- Please also disclose whether you have any contact requirements e.g. not wanting to be contacted via phone, not wanting to have messages left or whether you wish to only be contacted via email.
- If you have any questions, do feel free to email / call to ask for any help filling in this form.
- Fields marked * are required fields.
By filling out this form you agree that your information will be forwarded to the Chelmsford Law Clinic coordinator.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. Email traffic is in unencrypted plain text format however it is extremely unlikely that unauthorised people will intercept your email. If you are worried about confidentiality then please contact us by phone or in person.
If you are concerned about other people having access to your email account at home or at work, you may wish to set up your own personal web-based email account.
The advice and information contained in our email replies gives only general guidance on the law as it relates to England. It should not be regarded or relied upon as a complete or authoritative statement of the law. We make every effort to ensure that the legal content of our email replies is accurate and up-to-date, we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions.