Where to go next?
We at the Chelmsford Law Clinic will strive to stay with you throughout your legal journey so that you always feel that you have someone willing to listen to your case. However, please do check out the information below regarding other local organisations/charities that may be able to help you.
Central Law Group
- After your appointment with Chelmsford Law Clinic, you may require further legal advice regarding your matter. We are working with the only not for profit law firm in the country, Central Law Group CIC, who offer far lower charging rates than commercial law firms. Their website is http://centrallawcic.co.uk/ for further details.
- Central Law Group also have access to one off pro bono advice from specialist lawyers via remote access (i.e. through the internet). This is currently only for Family Law and Employment Law. You can self-refer to them directly via the above link, or telephone: 01245 951300, or email: email@example.com
- Alternatively, if you wish to be referred via Chelmsford Law Clinic simply either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a voicemail on 01245 205562.
Chelmsford Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice has a long history of offering support to the local community. The Chelmsford branch has a team of supportive and talented advisors and volunteers who will listen and help you to the best of their abilities. As we are based within the same building, we overlap heavily with Citizens Advice with the hope that we can offer a seamless service.
- Opening hours:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 09:00 – 16.30 (closed Tuesday and Friday).
- Second and fourth Saturday of each month: 09:30 – 12:00
- Burgess Well House, Coval Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1FW
- Email enquiry form
- 0800 144 8848
Support Through Court
Support Though Court is a free legal support charity and can offer support with any aspect of civil legal proceedings such as family, money and housing/evictions among others. Support Through Court is comprised of volunteers who are available to listen to your case, help with form-filling, discuss next steps and can even accompany you into court (however this is not representation- the volunteers are not allowed to speak to the judge).
- Opening hours:
- Monday- Friday: 9.30-13.30
- Chelmsford County Court (1st Floor), Priory Place, Chelmsford, CM2 0PP
- 01245 245527
If you are not sure where to go next, the Law Society seeks to pair clients with legal professionals. The process of finding a solicitor is online and their website can be found below: